Candidates must review all program requirements including physical demands of the profession and affirm individual abilities.
Students must have the knowledge and ability to effectively assess a client’s bio社会心理 and physical needs. 除了, each student must be able to analyze the data in order to state a client’s problem, 规划全面的独立和协作干预措施, 安全执行护理计划, 评估所给予的护理和病人对护理的反应. 为了安全地照顾任何客户, 学生必须有观察力, 沟通, 电动机, 认知, 社会心理, and behavioral abilities sufficient to carry out the aforementioned responsibilities. Technological compensation can be made for some disabilities in some of these areas, but a student must be able to perform in a reasonably independent manner. The use of a trained intermediary is 不 acceptable since a student’s judgment would be influenced by someone else’s observations. The following abilities and skills are representative of those necessary to meet the requirements of the Nursing Curriculum:
- Visual acuity with corrective lenses to identify such entities as cyanosis and absence of respiratory movement in clients; to read very fine, small print on medication containers and physicians’ orders; and to discern equipment calibrations.
- Hearing ability with auditory aids to understand the normal speaking voice without viewing the speaker’s face; hear monitor alarms, 紧急的信号, 客户来电, and telephones; auscultate or hear blood pressures, 和心脏, 肺, 血管, 用听诊器听腹部声音.
- 站立能力长时间站立的身体能力, 实施心肺复苏, 举起35磅或以上的客户和物体, 协调地从一个房间移动到另一个房间, 灵巧, 以及满足客户需求的移动性.
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form by speaking clearly and accurately when explaining treatment procedures, 描述客户情况, 实施健康教学. Students must also write legibly and correctly in the client’s chart/record for legal documentation.
- Manual 灵巧 to perform and maintain sterile technique to insert catheters, 取血, 准备和管理药物(口服), 肌肉内的, 静脉注射), 改变酱, 以及其他照顾客户所需的程序. Fine 电动机 skills include those clinical skills essential for patient care such as, 但不限于, 操作设备, entering client data both with a pen/pencil and keying in information on a computer keyboard.
- Function safely under stressful conditions with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment inherent in clinical situations involving client care. 如果学生不能达到上述要求, the faculty will meet to determine if the student can continue in the Nursing and Allied Health Program.
不歧视声明 – mg游戏平台 does 不 discriminate on the basis of race, 信条, color, 国家的起源, 宗教, 性, 性取向, 性别认同或表达, 残疾, 遗传信息, 年龄, 或越战时期的老兵身份在其项目和活动中. 如果你有体检的话, 学习, or health 残疾 and wish to request accommodations in order to have reasonable access to programs and services offered by NMCC, you must register with the ADA Services Coordinator by contacting the Director of 咨询 at 207-768-2793, 位于克里斯蒂大楼的NMCC主校区.
申请 2024年秋季 课程将开始接受 2023年9月1日. 早期验收考虑, 申请和所有证明文件(成绩单), 建议, 等.)须于日期或日期前送交招生办公室 2023年12月31日. Applicants are strongly encour年龄d to submit applications as soon as is practical to ensure sufficient time to complete the admission process. 被录取的考生将收到以下通知 2024年3月. NMCC不保留该计划的候补名单. 如果你不应该被选为当前的队列, 建议你提交一份明年的申请.
申请2023年秋季入学, all prerequisites must be successfully completed prior to the start of the fall 2023 semester with preference given to applications who have prerequisites completed by January 15, 2023. The prerequisites 要求 for admission to NMCC’s Nursing program are:
- College Algebra OR Quantitative Reasoning (Preferred grade of “B” or 3.0)
- 解剖学 & 生理学I带实验室(最好成绩为“B”或3.0)
*Current high school students seeking admission who have 不 yet completed College Algebra or Quantitative Reasoning, 英语作文与解剖学 & Physiology I with lab must meet the following high school equivalent prerequisites:
- 2 years of lab sciences with preference in Biology, Chemistry and 解剖学 & 生理学(最低成绩为“B”或3.0)
High school candidates must meet all other admission criteria including achieving the appropriate TEAS pre-entrance exam scores.
*It is the responsibility of the applicant to have the final grades 从 prerequisite courses taken through adult education or a不her college mailed to the 招生 Office. Applicants are strongly encour年龄d to follow up and ensure that all materials have arrived for your file. 另外, if you are currently enrolled in prerequisite courses and/or 要求 nursing general education courses, 确保招生委员会知道你的课程, 机构名称和预计完成日期.
The following must be submitted to the 招生 Office to be considered for admission (2023年12月31日为提前决定截止日期):
- 完成 入学申请.
- 正式高中 成绩单 或普通教育文凭(must have completed at least a high school level Biology and Chemistry with labs 在过去的十年里; must also have had at least one year of algebra)
- 官方学术 成绩单 来自所有就读的专上院校. * 无论是否正在寻求转移学分, 申请人必须披露之前就读的所有大学. Failure to furnish all information on past education may constitute an adequate reason for disqualification of your acceptance or subsequent dismissal 从 the College as well as possible retraction or denial of financial aid funds.
- ACCUPLACER -分数必须 meet or exceed the MCCS 建议 on all on all three sub-sections: Sentence Skills, 阅读理解, 和定量推理 OR
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (evidence-based SAT) – score 480 or above Reading & 数学或写作500分或以上
- 请注意: Candidates who fail to meet the standard on placement testing will be deferred.
- Recommendation requirements: As part of the application process for the Nursing Program at NMCC, you are 要求 to submit two (2) 参考文献 attesting to your motivation and commitment. 这些应该 不 送给亲戚, 而是对雇主, 前雇主, 指导顾问, 教练, 等.
Please complete the top portion of the reference forms and submit them to the evaluator. 也, we encour年龄 you to sign the optional space concerning the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (Public Law 93-380) on each form. The reference forms are to be returned by the evaluator directly to: 招生 Office, mg游戏平台, 埃奇蒙特路33号, 普莱斯克岛，缅因州04769
- 两项关于官方的机密建议 NMCC参考表格 从 专业或 学术的人 (每年都需要新的建议). 请打印并使用 要求 建议形式.
- 补充的问题 – candidates are 要求 to submit typewritten answers to a series of question developed by the Nursing Department Faculty and Director of 招生 and Outreach.
- TEAS™-基本学术技能测试- NMCC管理
- Candidates must create an account, register and pay for this test at www.atitesting.com. ATI接受信用卡和借记卡.
- Registration for any TEAS™ administration closes 48 hours prior to the test. 报名请早，名额有限. Refunds are 不 made for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours before the test.
- 一定要注明 北ME CC tea 在你的个人资料中.
- 考生必须携带带照片的身份证和ATI身份证 – candidates without this information will 不 be admitted into the test session. 要查找您的ID，请在atitesting上登录您的帐户.com. On the Student 首页 tab under My Account, click on the Go button to view your information. Late admission into the test session is 不 permitted; please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled test administration time.
tea测试将在NMCC校区进行 仅限NMCC护理申请者 在以下日期. 考试将在位于A区的考试中心进行.K. 科视大楼招生组.
预测试学习手册可从ATI在线获得. A wide variety of other no-cost study materials/guides is also available online. All students are strongly encour年龄d to prepare for the test prior to taking it.
The selection process used for the Nursing program involves an objective assessment of each applicant’s academic history including prerequisite and college-level coursework, 入学前测试结果, 补充问题回答, 参考文献, 还有个人面试. The Nursing Admission Committee reviews all eligible candidates and forwards 建议 to the NMCC Director of 招生. 要获得认真考虑，申请人必须:
- Successfully complete the TEAS™ with the minimum adjusted individual scores of Reading 73.8; Math 70.0; Science 52.1; English and Langu年龄 Us年龄 63.3; Composite 65.
- Earn A’s or B’s in all prerequisite coursework (higher grades carry more weight in the selection process);
- Earn A’s or B’s in academic courses (high school and/or college) relevant to the nursing program;
- Provide well-constructed, thoughtful answers to the supplemental questions;
- Ask for 建议 从 individuals who know your strengths particularly as related to becoming a nurse. Keep in mind that 建议 are confidential and the content of these 建议 will 不 be revealed to you.
Personal interviews are used as part of the selection criteria; interviews are scheduled with each candidate when all documentation and TEAS exam results have been received.
甄选入校候选人 必须提供 所有必需的文件和存款 by the date stated in 承诺函 letter or admission will be revoked.
- NMCC Immunizations Requirement and Physical Exam Form – NOTE: All Immunizations, 滴度, physical exam as 要求 on the NMCC Immunization Requirement and Physical Exam form must be completed and documented by an appropriately licensed healthcare provider.
- American Heart Association Basic Life 支持 for Healthcare Providers Level certification
Once all of this information is received, an official letter of acceptance will be forwarded to you.
9月1日或之后申请项目入学st 下一年入职(i.e. 9月. 1、2021年(2022年春季)
- Submit application and application fee along with all 要求 documentation:
- 提交当前(接受时)LPN许可证的证明. 注意:LPN许可证必须在整个程序中有效.
- Transcript of practical nursing education (prior to acceptance) that shows successful completion of a state board approved practical nursing program similar to practical nursing programs in Maine.
- Supplemental questions – candidates are 要求 to submit typewritten answers to a series of questions developed by the Nursing department faculty.
- 解剖学 & Physiology I and II w/lab (within the last 10 years of application date)
- Earn preferably A’s and B’s in all prerequisite coursework (higher grades carry more weight in the selection process)
- Provide well-constructed, thoughtful answers to the supplemental questions;
- Ask for 建议 从 individuals who know your strengths particularly as related to becoming a nurse. Keep in mind that 建议 are confidential and the content of these 建议 and/or point value assigned during the selection process will 不 be revealed;
Personal interviews are used as part of the selection criteria; interviews are scheduled with each candidate when all documentation has been received.
The Nursing Admission Committee reviews all eligible candidates and forwards 建议 to the NMCC Director of 招生.
- 甄选入校候选人 必须提供 所有必需的文件和存款 by the date stated in pre-admission letter or admission will be revoked.
- American Heart Association Basic Life 支持 for Healthcare Providers certification
在成功满足上述要求后, lpn将获得ALH124学分, NUR100, NUR117, 和NUR125(相当于 第一个 护理专业的学期课程).